WAHM.com Boards
  Telecommuting Moms
  AccuTran Global

profile | register | preferences | faq | search

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Author Topic:   AccuTran Global
malise&jaimesmommy
New to WAHM.com
posted April 04, 2005 12:38 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for malise&jaimesmommy   Click Here to Email malise&jaimesmommy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hi, After looking for over 2 months, I finally gave up looking for a job from home, and then the phone call came. AccuTran Global wants to hire me. Does anyone know anything about this company? I have been scammed so many times over 2 months, and I don't want to get excited and get scammed again. Thanks to anyone who can help!

IP: Logged

ncohen310
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 12:44 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for ncohen310   Click Here to Email ncohen310     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do you know anything else about them? Like a website, where they are located or anything like that.

Nicole

stephmz
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 12:46 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for stephmz   Click Here to Email stephmz     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
i found another thread about this company. I'll paste what someone said about them.

Accutranglobal is a legit business. They are located in Vancouver and specialize in financial transcription for some major clients.

I had applied to work for them and got all their training material but then the company I work for now got some new clients and I didn't have time to train with them. They are SUPER busy and really nice people.

That is just something i pasted from another thread, ladybug_440 is the one who wrote that.

Willow_Tree
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 01:30 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Willow_Tree   Click Here to Email Willow_Tree     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Do you know if they are still hiring?

MackMarie
New to WAHM.com
posted April 04, 2005 03:50 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for MackMarie   Click Here to Email MackMarie     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Any additional info on this would be great! I saw the word "FINANCIAL" and it stuck out.. haha. I will have my BAS in Accounting at the end of the month, and anything with the words dealing with accounting stick out to me. Just wondering if this would be anything that I could be qualified to do.

luvkatz
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 03:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for luvkatz   Click Here to Email luvkatz     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ladies:
I found one little reference to AccuTran Global while doing a search. It was on a Virtual Assistant site based out of Canada so I emailed the owner to inquire about AccuTran. This is her response to me:

Here is a copy of an email they sent me when I first contacted them, hope it helps

Greetings!

Transcription Opportunities with AccuTran Global

We are contacting you through the Virtual Assistant website. We are a Vancouver-based transcription company specializing in financial services/corporate information. Although you did not have transcription listed as one of your services, this may be of interest to you, as we provide training.

We have plenty of extra transcription work available one month out of three, during corporate earnings release seasons. The time frames are:

October 15 - November 15

January 15 - February 15

April 15 - May 15

July 15 - August 15

We offer a competitive pay rate, a large volume of work on a continual basis and flexible time schedules.

If you are interested, please respond with your typing speed, transcription experience, and any other relevant information to jobs@accutranglobal.com.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Michele Raye

AccuTran Global

I thought it was very nice of this lady to respond like this so I hope it helps!!

homebasedmanager
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 05:28 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homebasedmanager   Click Here to Email homebasedmanager     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Does anyone happen to have a website or email address for them?

homebasedmanager
WAHM.com regular
posted April 04, 2005 06:41 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homebasedmanager   Click Here to Email homebasedmanager     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
oops sorry,time to change those contact lenses,lol

Thanks

quote:
Originally posted by tenXmomm:
All contact info is in the post above yours their web site doesn't appear to be up and running yet http://accutranglobal.com/

malise&jaimesmommy
New to WAHM.com
posted April 05, 2005 10:46 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for malise&jaimesmommy   Click Here to Email malise&jaimesmommy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I know they are based in Vancouver, BC and they are hiring transcriptionists. I think they are still hiring as their busy season starts the week of the 15th. They are sending me the training materials today. Thank you everyone for the help. I hope it all works out for me!!!

homebasedmanager
WAHM.com regular
posted April 05, 2005 02:00 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for homebasedmanager   Click Here to Email homebasedmanager     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I just sent them my questionnaire and am now waiting to test.Have you tested yet?I'm just curious as what they test you on and how long the test is.

quote:
Originally posted by malise&jaimesmommy:
Hi, After looking for over 2 months, I finally gave up looking for a job from home, and then the phone call came. AccuTran Global wants to hire me. Does anyone know anything about this company? I have been scammed so many times over 2 months, and I don't want to get excited and get scammed again. Thanks to anyone who can help!

Missy32
WAHM.com regular
posted April 06, 2005 11:09 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Missy32   Click Here to Email Missy32     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Well, I just sent in the pre-employment questionnaire and audio test. I hope this works out for all of us

Have a great day everyone!

Missy

Springflower
WAHM.com regular
posted April 06, 2005 11:25 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Springflower     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Did anyone find out their web address?

malise&jaimesmommy
New to WAHM.com
posted April 06, 2005 01:27 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for malise&jaimesmommy   Click Here to Email malise&jaimesmommy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
They do not have a website address. You can find the job posting on workopolis.com under keyword transcription.

Kalista1
WAHM.com regular
posted April 07, 2005 04:57 PM     Click Here to See the Profile for Kalista1   Click Here to Email Kalista1     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Does everyone know they pay in Canadian funds. Do the banks except checks from foreign countries, quess it would depend on your bank or credit union huh, and do they automatically convert funds to American if they do accept them ? I know I am crazy, it is just that I have never dealt with a company outside of the good ole U.S.A.

[This message has been edited by Kalista1 (edited April 07, 2005).]

malise&jaimesmommy
New to WAHM.com
posted April 08, 2005 09:10 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for malise&jaimesmommy   Click Here to Email malise&jaimesmommy     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
I live in Canada, actually only about a 30 min drive from the company so that is not a problem for me. I did ask about how they pay and the chqs are mailed, they do not have a direct deposit so it might take longer to reach anyone inside the US.

Missy32
WAHM.com regular
posted April 08, 2005 10:54 AM     Click Here to See the Profile for Missy32   Click Here to Email Missy32     Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Thanks for your reply Sara I guess if I get hired I will check with my bank here to see what they say.

Have a great day everyone

Missy

All times are ET (US)

next newest topic | next oldest topic

Administrative Options: Close Topic | Archive/Move | Delete Topic
Hop to:

Contact Us | WAHM.com